DI Intensive Week 3

Three weeks in to this course and I have been practicing in school to use forms and my google sheets to increase my productivity along with student engagement. My kids have loved using forms to produce data to back up their persuasive writing, and they have also enjoyed looking at how to create pick a path stories.

For me I have used google forms and sheets to keep running records on the students basic facts knowledge. This has been great.

Today in the Intensive we have been looking at Google Hangouts, our Gmail, and Google Keep. The focus is on being productive and using the technology we have to our advantage. I really love Google Keep as it allows you to take a picture of a book or a slide and then download the words from that into a doc. You can see that in the picture below their is a picture of some writing, I have then taken the actual text from it and it has pasted that below the image. This can be then cut or pasted into a document if needed. A very handy tool for teachers in my opinion.

See pictures below on the layout of Google Keep.



Below you will find a video of a three way Hangouts call which a group of us trialled. The point in this video is to show that you can share a screen and talk about work anywhere in the country. All you need is some internet (cafe...Cough, Cough) and a laptop or phone. It does take some decent band width to do but is worth it. Especially for some quick PLD or if you cannot attend an important meeting. 

Comments

  1. I look forward each week to hear about how you have been implementing this learning in your class Jacob. You have been really innovative using Forms to collect data for persuasive writing. It made sense as soon as I heard about it from you, but I hadn't connected those dots!
    Thanks for your contributions to this group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob,

    Great to see you reflecting on the value of some of the tools shared in the session. Google Keep is absolutely brilliant and the way it seamlessly updates across devices just makes it a fantastic all rounder. Hangouts are, as you said, a fantastic way to drop into meetings, especially if you're stuck. Feel free to fire an invite to either Gerhard or I whenever you need anything- especially now you're a pro!

    Thanks for sharing your reflection and learning.

    James

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog