MIT KPMG Day 2

Today has been a great time to reflect on how our inquiry is going and look towards our next steps. We started the day with a quick run through of What has been working, what hasn't and what our next steps are.

What had been working for me was starting to gather resources outside of my collection. Although my issue at the moment is around data gathering as I have found this to be a big issue when trying to gather student voice and parent input. Using Google forms has been my go to, however I am now wondering if I will need to go into classrooms in order to gather enough data to get reliable results.

I have also been thinking about whether my issue is an issue. Is my inquiry around test to task clarity the issue students are facing, or is it to do with the language used and students from other ethnicities needing a cultural and dialect link to the next learning steps/goals. After some serious discussion with other members in my school and some outside influencers I feel that this could be an interesting area to look into as it could make my initial inquiry obsolete.

After answering our 3 W's we then moved onto having a few games of Catalyst created by Core education. The game is designed to pull apart inquiries and allow for open  discussions around how the inquiry is going and help probe to get new ideas and next steps. It really was a great tool for leading discussions towards an inquiry without resulting in conflict or arguments.

Finally we were left to sort out our Edtech summit documents and look into our presentations.

Another great day at KPMG Auckland!

Comments

  1. Thanks Jacob. Interesting how you start down one road of inquiry and it brings other thoughts before you. Pleasing to see you had a great day. Nigel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog